Who We Are
The Florin Road Foundation is a California non-profit 501(c)(3) corporation affiliated with the Florin Road Partnership. The Florin Road Foundation was formed by business and property owners in 1998 to support community social and economic activities. The Foundation serves community programs that are beyond the mission of the Florin Road Partnership. The Foundation is governed by an elected board of directors. Daily operations are managed by Florin Road Partnership staff.
What We Do
The Florin Road Foundation provides financial support to the Florin Road area in the form of scholarships to local students and mini-grants to organizations seeking to improve the social fabric of the community.
- The Foundation is an efficient and tax deductible way to support and strengthen the local community.
- Contributors are freed from the time consuming tasks of sorting through competing requests for limited funds and administering their own local donations.
- The Florin Road Partnership underwrites nearly all administrative costs so a larger percentage of donations go directly to worthy recipients.
- Contributors of recurring annual donations of $1,000 or more may elect to have a scholarship or grant presented in their name. Contact us for more info.
- The Foundation “gives back” by supporting the community that supports our businesses.
The Florin Road Foundation has been proudly serving the South Sacramento community since 1998. Our 501c3 annual grant program supports community building activities, local K-12 enrichment programs, safety and beautification events, and a scholarship program which has donated over $140,000 to graduating seniors from Luther Burbank High School. Community partners Walmart and other local businesses teamed up to provide the high school Counseling Center with a mobile computer lab, funded by the proceeds from fundraising efforts. The mobile computer lab has been in use every day since it was delivered and is creating better internet access for students to apply for college and find scholarship opportunities.
14th Annual Beach Blanket Bingo Fundraiser
The Florin Road Foundation’s annual Beach Blanket Bingo Fundraiser was a success! All proceeds benefited the Florin Road Foundation’s Annual Grant & Community Development Program which supports the schools and non-profits supporting the Florin Road community.